Springtime is coming and ‘tis the season for pasta salads and outdoor picnics!!! This is my favorite pasta salad recipe in the whole world, and it’s very simple. You can use pretty much anything in your fridge to make it, and all of the measurements can be totally flexible. Have extra bacon? Add extra bacon! Hence the name: “everything but the kitchen sink” pasta salad.
- 1 lb pasta: rotini, shells, or elbows work well – but use what you have! Cooked, drained, and cooled.
- 8-12 slices of bacon: cooked, cooled, and chopped
- 1 c. shredded carrots, loosely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 c. green onion, diced
- 1-2 c. fancy shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Mix mayonnaise, milk, salt & pepper together in small bowl.
Mix all other ingredients (pasta, bacon, cheese, chopped vegetables) in a large bowl. Add mayo mixture and stir thoroughly. Enjoy!
You can add in ranch dressing mix or other spices to the mayo mixture and give it a bit more pizzaz. Also feel free to mix in any veggies you have in your fridge. This is a great “clean out the fridge” pasta salad!!