Thanks to Chocolate Covered Katie, I have a recipe for Cookie Dough Dip. Pick your jaws up off the floor and put on your stretchy pants. This stuff is good. And you won’t believe the secret (healthy) ingredient!
You can find Katie’s recipe above, but here is my version. She also has a sugar free version!
Cookie Dough Dip (serves 6)
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained)
- 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
- tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp reduced fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 c. Splenda brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp oats
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
The first time I made this, I put it in a blender. It turned out well, but the food processor got it a lot creamier and took the garbanzo bean texture out. I served it with graham crackers on the side – it was a hit at the party and no one had a clue that this was made from garbanzo beans!!
Nutrition Info as prepared (dip only):
217 Calories, 33 g carbs, 8 g fat, 7 g protein, 5 g fiber, 275 g sodium